COVID-19 Update From 17 May 2021
Published 21:34 on 16 May 2021
Step 3 of the Government Roadmap is upon us which allows some more relaxation of the current lockdown rules.
It has been fantastic to be back at the club, and from 17 May 2021 the Government rules change. Following the RYA Guidance the COVID-19 Team are happy to announce that we can further open the club in line with the following:
For full details and supporting documentation please click here
Visiting The Club
- The club is open for members
- Members guests, visitors for organised events and potential members are permitted to visit the club. Visitor and Guest sign in via the club COVID email.
- Shared travel is now permitted in line with the Government guidelines.
- You must log in to the club either with the NHS COVID-19 app or via the club COVID email
- The gates can be left open when an event is on and there are people on site. For security the clubhouse must be secured and close the gates closed if there are no people in the vicinity on shore.
- Gatherings inside any building to be restricted to six people (the 'rule of 6') or two households in line with the Government guidelines.
- On shore gatherings are permitted up to 30 people.
- 2m Social Distancing rules must be always adhered to at all times
- Face coverings to always be worn inside any building (Toilets, Race Hut, Garages etc.)
- The clubhouse is open in line with the club published process, please refer to document "Clubhouse, Bar and Changing Room Opening Procedure 210517 v1"
- The bar is open for table service inside the clubhouse.
- The bar is open for service outside the clubhouse
- The galley is closed. A range of snacks and baguettes are available from the bar. Alternatively, we recommend members bring their own lunch (please take all rubbish home)
- Changing rooms and single showers open. Use the Tally system for entry regardless of age. Wear face coverings and use hand sanitizer provided. Whilst the changing rooms are no longer defined for Essential use only, changing is recommended before arrival or in the carpark.
- The lockers are now available for use.
- The Disabled Toilets are open for a single person at a time, use the tally system regardless of your age. "No Tally-No Entry"
- Hand sanitizer or disinfectant is provided at all entrances
- Camping is only permitted for organised events in line with the SCSC Camping Procedure. Please check the event details to establish if camping is permitted.
On The Water
- Boating is allowed including Sailing, Windsurfing, SUP and Kayak
- Racing is permitted without restriction on entry numbers, the club racing calendar will start
- Organised open events are permitted
- Committee boat and Safety boat can be used
- Voluntary duties are open and need to be booked, "No Race Officer or Safety - No Racing". You must book a duty for each series you are competing in and want to qualify.
- Double handed sailing, committee, and safety boats at the discretion of the helm/driver and crew based on the "RYA Sailing & Racing in Mixed Households" document, attached.
- Training and coaching are permitted, however whilst on shore social distancing is required and whilst outside gatherings of up to 30 people are permitted, When inside the rule of 6 or 2 households rules apply
- Cadets will continue their coaching activities and adhere to on shore rules when not on the water
Please find attached a copy of the latest South Cerney SC Club Rules poster and supporting documentation.
The COVID-19 Team will continually monitor the situation at the club, the Government Rules and RYA Guidance as we all work through their roadmaps. Whilst the status of the virus is the driver for the government's roadmap, the next step is scheduled to be no earlier than 21st June; we will keep you informed of how this will affect the club as soon as we are sure this date will not slip.
We appreciate many members will not feel comfortable returning to the club until they feel safe which we totally respect. Our primary intention is to ensure we provide as safe an environment as possible for both members and the local community.
As our club is very visible from the village and other properties, we ask that a cautious and conciliatory approach is taken to returning to the club and water.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the COVID-19 Team.
Vernon Perkins email@example.com
Gary Morris firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Kimmens email@example.com
Jonny Stevenson Jonny.firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 20:53 on 20 July 2021