COVID-19 Update From 29 March 2021
Published 22:08 on 20 Mar 2021
Exciting news, we are now only days away from our sailing club being able to re-open.
From 29 March 2021 the Government rules change and following the RYA Guidance the COVID-19 Team have decided that we can open the club in line with the following:
Visiting The Club
- The club can open for members, no visitors/guests at this time
- You should minimise travel, however, travel for sport and exercise is permitted
- You must log in to the club either with the NHS COVID-19 app or via the club COVID email
- On shore gatherings of either six people (the 'rule of 6') or two households can take place
- 2m Social Distancing rules must be always adhered to
- Face coverings to be always worn inside any building (Toilets, Race Hut, Garages etc.)
- The clubhouse is closed except for race & safety management or approved maintenance
- The bar and galley are closed. We recommend members bring their own lunch and drink (please take all rubbish home)
- The Changing Rooms and Showers are closed except for emergency use. Changing is recommended before arrival or in the carpark
- The Disabled Toilets are open for a single person at a time, use the tally system regardless of your age. "No Tally-No Entry"
- Hand sanitizer or disinfectant is provided at all entrances
- No camping or overnight stays
On The Water
- HURRAY!! Boating is allowed including Sailing, Windsurfing, SUP and Kayak
- Racing is permitted without restriction on entry numbers, the club racing calendar will start
- Committee boat and Safety boat can be used
- Voluntary duties are open and need to be booked, "No Race Officer or Safety - No Racing"
- Double handed sailing, committee, and safety boats at the discretion of the helm/driver and crew based on the "RYA Sailing & Racing in Mixed Households" document, attached.
- Training and coaching are permitted, however whilst on shore social distancing, the rule of 6 or 2 households rules apply
- Cadets will start their coaching activities and adhere to on shore rules when not on the water
Please find attached a copy of the latest South Cerney SC Club Rules From 29 March poster.
The COVID-19 Team will continually monitor the situation at the club and the Government Rules as we all work through their roadmap. Whilst the status of the virus is the driver for the government's roadmap, the next step is scheduled to be no earlier than 12th April; we will keep you informed of how this will affect the club as soon as we are sure this date will not slip.
We appreciate many members will not feel comfortable returning to the club until they feel safe which we totally respect. Our primary intention is to ensure we provide as safe an environment as possible for both members and the local community.
As our club is very visible from the village and other properties, we ask that a cautious and conciliatory approach is taken to returning to the club and water.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the COVID-19 Team.
Vernon Perkins firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Morris email@example.com
Paul Kimmens firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonny Stevenson Jonny.email@example.com
For more information please refer to the COVID-19 section of the Library, click here.
Return to Racing
Due to Covid-19 restriction all Duty requirements for membership have been temporarily suspended and duties are voluntary only until 9th August at the earliest. Competitors who wish to Qualify for a series (Excluding Coot Series Trophy races) must undertake at least one "Primary Duty" (e.g. Race Officer/2nd Officer or Safety Boat Driver/Crew) during that series.
Please log onto the club website and volunteer for your preferred duty in the normal manner. Click here for the calendar , select the event you want to volunteer for, and the rest is simple. Volunteer early to get the weekend that best suits you.
For Double-handed boats, helm & crew must do the duties together.
We rely on the Race Officers and Safety Boat to be able to run races and in the absence of these we will not be able to run a race. So please can everyone do their part and volunteer for duties if you can to keep the racing running.
Average Points will apply for competitors who undertake duties. Average Points will be calculated at the end of the series based on the competitor's results of the series. But Average Points do not apply for the Coot series trophy.
We all look forward to seeing you on the water as soon as possible.
Last updated 15:12 on 15 April 2021