Weekly coaching and racing forms the backbone of the cadet activity and will resume on 20th January 2024. Coaching will be in the morning only and no lunch will be available.
We will keep an eye on the weather and may change the weekly program according to the conditions, potentially cancelling training for some sailors. Please check with your coaches to see if your children should be sailing in the poorer, or some say better, weather. Younger and less experienced sailors can be put off by the less clement conditions.
Please remember that between November and March a full wetsuit or drysuit is mandated by club rules.
Here are the vanilla timings but be aware they may alter;
- 0830 Galley breakfast duties start
- 0845 Galley open
- 0845 Coach and RIB duties start
- 0845 RIB prep
- 0900 Coach and driver planning & safety briefing
- 0915 Cadet briefing, with cadets changed into sailing gear and fed ready for sailing
- 0940 Cadets to finish rigging
- 0945 RIBs launch and mark laying
- 1200Haul out and stow RIBs
Experience has shown us that we can make a huge difference to the time the sailors get to spend on the water if parents and sailors can stay ahead of these timings. We don't want to be draconian and it's absolutely OK to be late, but we won't wait. Late sailors will miss briefings, pairings and breakfast. That just comes with the territory.
Last updated 10:50pm on 4 February 2024