Topper Open Meeting (South-West Traveller Series Event)
Topper sailors are invited to an Open event at South Cerney
SC on Sunday 16th January.
The Notice of Race (NOR) and Sailing Instructions (SIs) for the event are available below. Printed paper copies will be posted at the clubhouse on the day of the event. Any changes to the SIs will be posted on the club website and on the notice board before the event.
- There will be a briefing for all competitors at 1015 hours on Saturday 16 January 2022. The briefing will take place on the patio area adjacent the clubhouse lawn.
- The event will comprise four races with the scheduled time of the warning signal for the first race on Saturday 16 January 2022 being 1055 hours.
- The subsequent race will be sailed back-to-back with the first race and its warning signal made as soon as practicable.
- There will be a break of approximately 50 minutes between the end of the second race and the warning signal for the third race.
- No warning signal will be made after 1600 hours.
Booking onto this event is to be completed on arrival at the club or during the training day on 15 January.
The event entry fee is £15.00 by cashless payment at the club.
A limit of 30 boats will apply.
We look forward to seeing you.
Whilst we wish all competitors a wonderful time. Due to the current unfortunate circumstances, we find ourselves in, regarding the Covid-19 situation, we ask all members and visitors to follow the following guidelines:
1.Please review your ability to travel to our site based on the latest Government COVID rules.
2.If you feel unwell or believe you have any of the symptoms of COVID -19, please do not visit our site.
3.We run a strict Test & Trace policy. We operate the NHS COVID-19 app to sign in on arrival. If you do not use the app, use the email system available to club members or alternatively for guests a booking onto this event is used for Test & Trace purposes.
4.We request that Social Distancing is adhered to whilst on site.
5.For your safety, please treat any surface you touch as contaminated, wash hands or use sanitiser regularly.
Please respect "Hands - Face - Space - Fresh Air" for everybody's safety and enjoyment of the event.
These guidelines may change over time so please review periodically.
Please click this link for the full details.
Prevention of the spread of invasive species
Whilst South Cerney Sailing Club is not aware of any issues with invasive species in our water, we are committed to the prevention of the spread of invasive species and as such we are following the Environment Agency and RYA guidelines "CHECK CLEAN DRY"
Visiting or returning sailors before travelling to SCSC should take all reasonable measures to:
1.CHECK for plant material and animal species (e.g., shrimp, zebra mussel, weed)
2.CLEAN wash boats, launching trolleys and kit
3.DRY for as long as possible before event, at least 2 days recommended.
Please make sure your boat has been clean and dry for at least 2 days prior to your arrival. Your booking onto this event certifies that this is the case. We also recommend that you check and wash your boat before leaving SCSC, facilities are made available for this
- SCSC Topper Open 160122 NoR v1_1 mcj_040122.pdf
- SCSC Sailing Instructions 2021 rel 1_6 010821 (2).pdf
- SCSC Topper Open 160122 changes to SIs v1_0 mcj_131221 (1).pdf
Last updated 5:10pm on 8 January 2022