In these unprecedented times of Corona Virus, COVID-19, restrictions South Cerney Sailing Club has one sole mission, the safety of our members and the local community.
As a result of this we closed the club completely and very quickly.
Since then we have been pioneering in relaxing the lockdown over time, slowly introducing more and more activities as the Government restrictions and RYA guidance has allowed.
This has been accomplished with a great deal of support from the RYA and especially the regional representatives who have been tireless in their ongoing support.
A significant amount of time has been spent to produce the road map and associated risk assessments to allow us to open in a controlled and safe manner. These are being continually updated and the latest documents are attached.
But the fundamental requirement is that it is all reliant on our membership following the advice provided to ensure it is safe for everybody, however frustrating the advice looks. It is given for the right reasons.
As of 14th Septembers the Governments new rule of 6 comes into play. Fortunately as South Cerney SC is following the RYA Guidance all bopating activity is covered by the Team Sport exception to the 6 people rule, mote detail below.
Further to this the Government has introduced a 3 Tier system for Local COVID Alert Levels.
A Summary of the current activities that can and cannot take place today.
We Must, (Mandatory)
Review our ability to travel to our site based on the latest Government COVID Tier Level.
Do not travel to our site if you are in a Tier 3 area defined by the Government as "Local COVID Alert Level Very High"
Follow the club's Test & Trace procedure and send an email as required prior to arrival at the club. This is covered in the attached Test & Trace Procedure below.
Adhere to the Social Distancing rules at all time.
Consider any surface contaminated and regularly wash or sanitise your hands
- Visit the club and take guests but you are required to:
- Social groups on shore are restricted to 6 people social distancing. This group must be at least 2m away from any other group of 6 and people crossing from one group to another is strictly not permitted. The emphasis is to stop transmission and hence limit the movement of people and potential of the spread of the virus.
- Respect and adhere to the social distancing requirements.
- Send the Test & Trace email within 24hrs before you visit.
- Sail single handed or double handed boats, although:
- Boating activities in line with the RYA Guidance, which we have adopted as a club, is covered by the Governments Team Sport exception to the rule of 6. Therefore, there is no limitation to the number of boats on the lake, taking part in boating activities including racing etc.
- Social distancing to be respected on the launch and recovery beach and as soon as the boat is launched the members on the beach are then considered to be in a social setting, so the rule of 6 then applies.
- There are some restrictions on double handed boats that are the responsibility of the sailors to comply with depending on your circumstances.
- Paddle Kayak or SUP
- Sail Windsurfers
- Use the club Lasers or 420 free of charge in line with the appropriate policy.
- Use the Toilets, single person at a time
- Have a drink from the bar, served by a bar person at the clubhouse entrance
- Enjoy a picnic or barbeque (please do not damage the grass)
- Run training courses with some restrictions
- Move from one group of 6 people, socially distancing, to another when on site in a social setting
- Allow non-members on site other than members personal guests.
- Change in the changing room. This must be done prior to arrival or in the carpark.
- Shower, they are out of action.
- Enter the Clubhouse except for the Bar Manager, Race Officer or Rib Driver to collect the required resources from the office.
Please enjoy the facilities and respect the current Government restrictions on social distancing, crowd sizes etc.
The attached documents support the club current position on COVID-19
- Covid19 Phase 3 Interim Club Boat Hire V5.pdf
- Updated Covid-19 amendments to SCSC powered vessel policy 1.1.pdf
- SCSC Covid-19 Test and Trace Procedure V2.pdf
- Lockdown Relaxing Phases 200717 Rev1.pdf
- Risk Assessment 200916 Rev9 Published.pdf
- RYA Sailing & Racing in Mixed Households 21-08-2020.pdf
Last updated 18:04 on 16 October 2020