COVID-19 Update From 19 July 2021
Step 4 of the Government Roadmap
The well-publicised changes to the COVID-19 lockdown rules came into effect on 19 July 2021 when the Government took us to Step 4 on their roadmap. Is this the new normal?
The Government has removed a lot of legislation which controlled our activities, transferring the requirements to the public and companies to act in an appropriate and responsible manner going forward.
Whilst it has allowed us to open most of our facilities and activities back to near normal status, South Cerney SC want to take a cautious approach to protect our more vulnerable and younger members of our club.
Therefore, we are asking all our members to continue to respect the mantra especially when inside:
"Hands - Face - Space - Fresh Air"
Whilst not being enforced by legislation we hope our members will appreciate the reason to be cautious and think of others in the club.
Please see the SCSC COVID-19 Rule Poster 19 July 2021 for a summary of the current rules that guide our activities, copies will be posted around the club. We have listed the main points below.
Visiting the Club
- The club is open.
- Please respect: "Hands Face Space Fresh Air". By now everybody should know the meanings
- Members, guests, visitors, and potential members are permitted to visit the club.
- Visitor and Guest (non-members) are to sign in via the visitors' book in the clubhouse.
- Everybody MUST log in to the club either with the NHS COVID-19 app or via the club COVID email, see the procedure attached below.
- The gates can be left open when an event is on and there are people on site. For security the clubhouse must be secured and close the gates closed if there are no members in the vicinity of the gates, if in doubt shut and lock the gates.
- There is no restriction to the size of a gathering on our site.
- Please respect the 1m + social distancing rule, we have lots of space.
- Please wear face coverings inside the clubhouse, changing rooms and toilets.
- The clubhouse is open. Please ensure the doors are open to ensure adequate ventilation.
- The bar is open as normal with bar service permitted.
- The galley will open in due course, when a new operating procedure is complete. In the meantime, a range of snacks and baguettes are available from the bar.
- The changing rooms and showers are open, please ensure the roof vents are open for ventilation.
- The Changing room tally system has been removed but we do ask everybody to respect the 1m+ social distancing rule. Please wear face coverings and use hand sanitizer provided.
- Whilst using of the changing rooms are no longer restricted, changing is recommended before arrival or in the carpark.
- The lockers are now available for use.
- The Toilets are all available for use.
- Hand sanitizer and/or disinfectant is provided at all entrances
- Camping is only permitted for organised events in line with the SCSC Camping Procedure. Please check the event details to establish if camping is permitted.
On the Water
- Boating is allowed including Sailing, Windsurfing, SUP and Kayak
- Racing is permitted without restriction on entry numbers
- Organised open events are permitted
- Committee boat and Safety boat can be used
- Voluntary duties are open and need to be booked, "No Race Officer or Safety - No Racing". You must book a duty for each series you are competing in and want to qualify.
- Training and coaching are permitted.
- Cadets coaching activities continue as normal.
The COVID-19 Team will continually monitor the situation at the club, the Government Rules and RYA Guidance as we all work through their roadmap.
We appreciate many members will not feel comfortable returning to the club until they feel safe which we totally respect. Our primary intention is to ensure we provide as safe an environment as possible for both members and the local community and we ask all members to help this and make the club enjoyable for all.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the COVID-19 Team.
Note: It is important that everybody registers for Test & Trace at the club via the NHS COVID-19 App or the club email, as detailed in the procedure attached below.
Vernon Perkins firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Morris email@example.com
Paul Kimmens firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonny Stevenson Jonny.email@example.com
Last updated 07:57 on 21 July 2021