COVID-19 Update From 18 December 2021
South Cerney SC COVID-19 Rules and Guidance from 18 December 2019
With the current situation sweeping across the country the COVID team have reviewed the current Government and RYA advice.
- From this moment there is a requirement for everybody to wear a recognised face covering inside any of the club buildings.
- This includes the Changing Rooms and the Clubhouse.
- The only exception to this is if you are seated and consuming food or drink from the Club Galley or Bar.
Please can all members on site help us police this and gently remind anybody who is not wearing a face covering to please do so. It is in all our interest to support this.
Regarding the other policies that help reduce the spread of this virus whilst we are not making Social Distancing etc mandatory we do ask members to please respect:
"Hands - Face - Space - Fresh Air"
We have a whole range of members from the super fit to more vulnerable. Therefore, we are making this adjustment to the club's COVID-19 Rules and ask all to please be vigilant.
If you feel unwell or show any signs of this virus, please look after yourself and get tested and do not visit the club, it will still be there for you when you are fit and well and sure you are not carrying the virus.
Visiting the Club
- The club is open.
- Please respect: "Hands Face Space Fresh Air". By now everybody should know the meanings
- Members, guests, visitors, and potential members are permitted to visit the club.
- Visitor and Guest (non-members) are to sign in via the visitors' book in the Clubhouse.
- Everybody MUST log in to the club either with the NHS COVID-19 app or via the club COVID email, see the procedure attached below.
- The gates can be left open when an event is on and there are people on site. For security the Clubhouse must be secured and close the gates closed if there are no members in the vicinity of the gates, if in doubt shut and lock the gates.
- There is no restriction to the size of a gathering on our site.
- Please respect 1m + social distancing, we have lots of space.
- Face Coverings are required inside the Clubhouse, Changing Rooms, Toilets and any other club buildings with the exception if you are seated and consuming food or drink from the club Galley of Bar.
- The Clubhouse is open. Please ensure the doors are open to ensure adequate ventilation.
- The Bar is open as normal with bar service permitted.
- The Galley will open in due course, when a new operating procedure is complete. In the meantime, a range of snacks and baguettes are available from the bar.
- The Changing Rooms and Showers are open, please ensure the roof vents are open for ventilation.
- The Changing Room tally system has been removed but we do ask everybody to respect the 1m+ social distancing rule. Please wear face coverings and use hand sanitizer provided.
- Whilst using of the Changing Rooms are no longer restricted, changing is recommended before arrival or in the carpark.
- The Lockers are now available for use.
- The Toilets are all available for use.
- Hand sanitizer and/or disinfectant is provided at all entrances
- Camping is only permitted for organised events in line with the SCSC Camping Procedure. Please check the event details to establish if camping is permitted.
On the Water
- Boating is allowed including Sailing, Windsurfing, SUP and Kayak
- Racing is permitted without restriction on entry numbers
- Organised open events are permitted
- Committee Boat and Safety Boat can be used
- Duties are open and need to be booked in line with the club membership rules, "No Race Officer or Safety - No Racing".
- Training and coaching are permitted.
- Cadets Coaching activities continue as normal.
The COVID-19 Team will continually monitor the situation at the club, the Government Rules and RYA Guidance as we all work through their roadmap.
We appreciate many members will not feel comfortable returning to the club until they feel safe which we totally respect. Our primary intention is to ensure we provide as safe an environment as possible for both members and the local community and we ask all members to help this and make the club enjoyable for all.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the COVID-19 Team.
Note: It is important that everybody registers their presence at the club even though there is no longer a legal Test & Trace requirement. Please use the NHS COVID-19 App or the club email, as detailed in the procedure attached below. The Government are still asking that we keep records or attendance.
Vernon Perkins firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Morris email@example.com
Paul Kimmens firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonny Stevenson Jonny.email@example.com
Last updated 09:55 on 15 January 2022